Sunday Psalm: 9 - The Lord Is King Forever!

Dormition Church, situated on the modern "...                    Image via Wikipedia

Psalm 9

Thanksgiving to God for His Justice[a]
    I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
      I will tell of all the wonderful things you have done.
 2 I will sing with joy because of you.
      I will sing praise to you, Almighty God.

 3 My enemies turn back when you appear;
      they fall down and die.
 4 You are fair and honest in your judgments,
      and you have judged in my favor.

 5 You have condemned the heathen
      and destroyed the wicked;
      they will be remembered no more.
 6 Our enemies are finished forever;
      you have destroyed their cities,
      and they are completely forgotten.

 7 But the Lord is king forever;
      he has set up his throne for judgment.
 8 He rules the world with righteousness;
      he judges the nations with justice.

 9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
      a place of safety in times of trouble.
 10 Those who know you, Lord, will trust you;
      you do not abandon anyone who comes to you.

 11 Sing praise to the Lord, who rules in Zion!
      Tell every nation what he has done!
 12 God remembers those who suffer;
      he does not forget their cry,
      and he punishes those who wrong them.

 13 (A)Be merciful to me, O Lord!
      See the sufferings my enemies cause me!
   Rescue me from death, O Lord,
    14 that I may stand before the people of Jerusalem
      and tell them all the things for which I praise you.
   I will rejoice because you saved me.

 15 The heathen have dug a pit and fallen in;
      they have been caught in their own trap.
 16 The Lord has revealed himself by his righteous judgments,
      and the wicked are trapped by their own deeds.

 17 Death is the destiny of all the wicked,
      of all those who reject God.
 18 The needy will not always be neglected;
      the hope of the poor will not be crushed forever.

 19 Come, Lord! Do not let anyone defy you!
      Bring the heathen before you
      and pronounce judgment on them.
 20 Make them afraid, O Lord;
      make them know that they are only mortal beings.




Have a restful, joyful day as God's praise circles the globe this day.
Enhanced by Zemanta