Dirty Harry on gay marriage

Actor/director Clint Eastwood, one of Hollywood's few Republicans, let loose in a recent interview with GQ magazine. On the subject of gay marriage:
These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage?" Eastwood tells the magazine. "I don't give a fuck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of ... Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want.
Clint considers himself more of a libertarian than a true Republican:
I was an Eisenhower Republican when I started out at 21, because he promised to get us out of the Korean War," Eastwood tells the magazine. "And over the years, I realized there was a Republican philosophy that I liked. And then they lost it. And libertarians had more of it. Because what I really believe is, let's spend a little more time leaving everybody alone.
Dirty Harry for President in 2012?

(HT: Box Turtle Bulletin)